Saturday, March 25, 2017

Game of Thrones

    Heh, hi this is awkward I didn't write in like 3 months... Let's just pretend that didn't happen and move on to today's post.
    So I'm literally going to write about the first thing that came to my mind and that is Game of Thrones psh of course, my head is filled with it. So if you somehow haven't heard of it, it's a TV show/book series that is completely epic. Although I have to note that it's totally off limits to the younger audience. I warned you so don't blame me if your parents get mad because you're watching it.


    Ok so basically I just wanted to introduce it to you or I guess do a review but who am I to use such fancy words, so I'll just talk a bit about it, don't mind me. Btw, don't worry no spoilers.
    Game of Thrones is written by the one and only George R. R, Martin, who, let me just tell you, is know for his love of killing characters that we love.The story takes place in kinda of a medieval time in a place called Westeros. Well that's just a part of the world, there's a whole other continent, two others in fact, where some cool shit happens too. So in Westeros there are these Seven kingdoms and a king who rules over them. There's a whole bunch of history to it but I'll just give you the basics. The house of Targaryen, (there's a bunch of other houses wait and see) that lived on the other continent Essos one day decided to go over seas to Westeros and conquer it in which they succeeded. Their leader was Aegon Targaryen and thanks to him, the house Targaryen ruled for hundreds of years. But then one day The house of Baratheon took over the Seven kingdoms.


    Some years later the story that is told in Game of thrones takes places. It starts with the Starks, in some way main characters (but then again there are sooo many characters) and a series of events that lead up to multiple tragedies. In a way, they're kinda the cause of all the shit that happens later on. Then we have the house of Lannister. Let's say they are somewhat the villains, I mean one of the most hated characters is a Lannister soo... But when you think about it, my favourite character is also a Lannister (Tyrion of course he's the best) and I bet I'm not the only one. Huh, I never though about it in that way, oh well. About the Targaryens, they kinda went extinct, except for Deanerys and Viserys who ended up on Essos. Yeah, I must say Deanerys is one of my favourites too, she's pretty dope. Those are kinda the most important houses, but don't think they're the only ones, hell no, there's a ton more. The less important (but still important) are for example Tully, Martell, Tyrell, Greyjoy, Arryn and many more.


    Another cool (well maybe not that cool) thing is that in the books each chapter is a different character and it tells what's happening with them. That's the reason there's not really a main character, you know? And when you have characters thousands of miles away and sometimes even months away, it gets a little bit confusing but that's whats cool, you're reading a bunch of different stories. The characters are also very different from one another. We have bastards,(you must have heard of Jon Snow, right?) imps, giants, half-giants (ahem best character, Hodor), wildlings, oh did I mention there's DRAGONS?? I swear the show can't get any better. I guess I should mention there's also a lot of incest too, so you've been warned.


    I think the conclusion is obvious here... Game of Thrones is the best TV show that has and will ever be made. I mean it's got everything: dragons, epic battles, whole different languages (I forgot to mention that) great characters, amazing story and I could go on and on. I watched all 6 seasons and let me just tell you I can not wait for season 7 it's taking sooo long I just wanna watch it already!
    Well I don't know what else to say. You should definitely check it out but, as I said, I think it's like +16 or something, so if you're easily grossed out (and I don't mean blood and stuff, but yeah that too) and not prepared to see... things, I wouldn't recommend you watch it.
    So yeah,, that's all from me for today, I guess I will not see you in the next post cause I can't see trough your computer screen. Thanks for your time, byyyeee!
P.S. I may have gotten some stuff wrong, sorry if i did.








No comments:

Post a Comment