Saturday, September 17, 2016

Tolkien's Universe

    Hello again readers! Sorry I haven't posted in a while I literally have no excuse for that. I bet you thought I was gonna say "I haven't had time because of school" but nope... I'm just lazy.
    Either way, I'm here now so let's get into this post!
    Today I decided to talk about a writer and his works that completely changed my childhood. I would probably be a whole different person without his work. As you most likely already read by the title, that writer is J. R. R. Tolkien and if you haven't heard of him, he is the author of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. And if you haven't heard of these very popular books and movies, then I'm sorry, go back to your home planet.


    So first of all, let me say a few words about Tolkien or better yet, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. He was born way back in 1892 on the third of January in Bloemfontein in the Orange Free State (today's South Africa) and died on the second of September 1973 (age 81). Tolkien's first popular book was The Hobbit, at first written for his children, but thanks to an employee of the London publishing firm the book came to light in 1936. It attracted not only children, but adults too, so after a year it became popular enough for a sequel.


    The sequel of course was The Lord of the Rings that was published in three volumes 1954-1955. He intended it to also be a children's book, much like The Hobbit, but as he got deeper into the story it got much more darker and serious, so when it came out, it was addressed for an older audience.


    Now, if you had come from a different planet, welcome! Do you like it here on Earth? Yeah? You're a weirdo. Let me tell you a little about Tolkien's works. So The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are set in a world, called the Middle-Earth, created by Tolkien himself. It is a world filled with all kinds of creatures that roamed all kinds of lands. It had Elfs and Dwarfs, Wizards and Men, Orcs, Dragons, Ents, Hobbits of course and a lot more. Hundreds of different kingdoms, ruled by different kings, with different cultures and languages. Tolkien has also created whole new languages, the Elvish languages and drew maps of his world completely from scratch. Impressive, huh?


    Have you noticed how enthusiastic I was while Talking about Tolkien's universe? Well it will always hold a special place in my heart. Warning: If you insult his work in front of me, I swear, I will smash your head open and trow your brain out and proceed to be astonished by how small it actually is. Just kidding, if you don't like The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit etc. that is completely fine, that's your opinion. But you have been warned I will defend it at any time.
    Welp, if you still haven's watched The Lord of the Rings or read it, I don't know what to tell you. You're missing out a lot. Go watch it now, what else can I say? That's all from me, hope you enjoyed this post and have a nice day! See ya, byyyeee!

32 comments:

  1. Great and passionate post buddy!

    http://badassvampire.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Thanks for follow me, I followed you back

    xx
    http://www.deborabrazil.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love loftr and everything about it :)

    You have such a lovely blog! I'm following you! Please hop on mine and follow me too ;)

    ♥ The-not-so-girlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched any film but I definitely will. I am reading the hobbit in English so as to practice the language and it's great. I like it that it includes map as the one you included in this post :) thanks for sharing this.


    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know in my blog <3

    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend to watch the movies, they are amazing! :D

      Delete
  5. my favourite writer ever:) follow:) now waiting for U:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog.....
    nice and interesting post
    I am following you on G+ and GFC #26 please visit me


    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. bernadette@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! I'm a actually a huge Lord of The Rings fan, I have read those books a couple of times :)
    Btw I love your blog design, it looks unique and special ...
    New post: shoppingholic-dreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jako zanimljiv post! :)

    http://milicaworl.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi darling.I just opened my new blog.
    I am following you.Could you return the favor?
    Thanks

    http://peaceandloveandshimmer.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Tolkien.
    Really good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful posts! I really love to read your post!
    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete